Some Sunny Day

Today marks seven years since Bloodthirstan became an independent republic.

I think that’s time enough. I’m stepping down.

I mentioned this to Aggie well before the election, which I thought Romney would win. If he had, I would feel better about the decision. But the prospect of beating Obama about the head and neck for the next four years, much as he may deserve it, wearies even me. To paraphrase Dr. Johnson, he who is tired of berating a pompous, liberal, narcissistic prick is tired of life.

I’m not; in fact, I intend to carry on assailing liberal orthodoxy and standing up for Israel in every venue, at every opportunity. Just different venues, different opportunities. Life moves forward.

I can’t tell you how much fun it’s been to be Bloodthirsty Liberal, and to have had you as readers. I always wished we had more of you, but, judging by your comments and emails, I’ve never found the quality wanting. Besides, we’ve never been about (solely about) compiling numbers, as even our off-putting blog name demonstrates. Thanks for clicking on the link the first time, wherever you saw it, whatever prompted you to do so, and thanks for coming back. Buck, Judi, Jeanette, Joe, Carol (where did she go???), Yerushalimey (who’s been with us from almost the beginning), even Saul, and some of our illustrious readers of the past, Barb—the Jewish, conservative lesbian from Pittsburgh—and the late, lamented Martino… thank you all. Aggie and I didn’t change the world (or if we did, we should be charged with malpractice), but we persuaded you to read us. That’s more than enough, and we’re very grateful.

The rent on the site is paid up till August. I can’t say what Aggie will do—heck, I can’t even say what I will do. A seven-year habit is hard to break. Wish me luck in trying.

Feel free to comment or to write us an email at bloodthirstyliberal-at-comcast-dot-net. We’ll meet again/Don’t know where, don’t know when/But I know we’ll meet again some sunny day.

PS: Back again. Miss me? I always promised myself that if I ever gave up this gig, this would be my last act. Promise kept.

12 Comments »

1. judi said,

January 18, 2013 @ 7:57 am

Thank you for the 5 years I have spent reading, commenting, and linking your insight, wit, and truth to others. I want to say something meaningful, funny, and intelligent in a few short lines, but I don’t have that ability. Thankfully you do and it has been a priveledge to read this every day.

I’ll save the rest for a rambling email someday.

Judi

2. Bloodthirsty Liberal said,

January 18, 2013 @ 8:44 am

This is sad.

I’ll probably post from time to time until they shut the lights off. Hey, why don’t we open the space up to others somehow between now and August? Buck? Judi? Is anyone interested in writing you thoughts? BTL, is this possible? We could do a little community board.

- Aggie

3. Joe said,

January 18, 2013 @ 10:08 am

I can’t believe it this my first read every-morning as soon as I log on.I will really miss you guys.Hamba Kahle,Tot Siens and Goodbye .

4. Kimmi said,

January 18, 2013 @ 10:23 am

:( I will miss reading your blog.

5. Bloodthirsty Liberal said,

January 18, 2013 @ 10:48 am

I will post from time to time until they turn the lights out. Don’t go away yet. Let’s see if maybe BTL decides to write a bit more.

- Aggie

6. Buck O'Fama said,

January 18, 2013 @ 2:23 pm

Good luck, I will miss you. I’ve almost died laughing numerous times at the things I’ve read on this site (now ObamaCare will take over and do that.)

I already am a contributor at a couple of other blogs so I wouldn’t volunteer to be a regular at another one (unlike Obama, my abilities are limited and I can be spread too thin.) But I will keep stopping by until (and if) the lights go out (maybe longer – unlike Obama, I’m not too bright.)

7. mrzee said,

January 18, 2013 @ 9:56 pm

Thanks for all your great work and best of luck in the future

8. Judi said,

January 19, 2013 @ 8:29 am

While my writing can never live up to BTL, or Aggie, I certainly have alot to say.

9. Bloodthirsty Liberal said,

January 19, 2013 @ 12:52 pm

Judi,

Can you send your writing as an email to us and I’ll then post it under your name?

- Aggie

10. judi said,

January 19, 2013 @ 4:16 pm

11. Barbara Miller said,

January 20, 2013 @ 11:58 am

I have truly enjoyed reading your blog. I don’t remember how I stumbled on it but I was hooked. I haven’t been so diligent about keeping up since November because sometimes I feel I would rather not know what’s going on but I still had a Bloodthirsty catchup marathon now and then. I will miss you for your wit and for the information you somehow found and linked us to. I hope that there will be better times for us as a country. I hope we do meet again and meanwhile I thank BTL and Aunt Aggie for all of the time you spent on keeping this going.

12. Michael said,

January 22, 2013 @ 8:16 am

I’m sad.
    I have read this blog for years accumulating laughter and tears.
    I will read until the end.

I think a book of all the writings would be in order.

Missing you already.