Would You Like to Take My Picture?

Aggie just referred to “President Eye Candy on The View” in a comment.

And that reminded me:

Obama Schedule || Thursday, October 18, 2012
by KEITH KOFFLER on OCTOBER 17, 2012, 9:27 PM
9:35 am || Departs White House

3:30 pm || Tapes an appearance on “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart”

What’s he playing at in the middle of a tight campaign? Does he think he doesn’t have Stewart voters wrapped up? Bizarrely, there’s not a single fundraiser built into his schedule. He’s going to spend half a day in New York (where he’ll already get 75%+ of the vote), actually, just at the Waldorf-Astoria hotel, yuck it up with Jon Stewart (whose viewers support him in similar if not greater proportion), and then fly home.

Hey, it sounds like fun, but it doesn’t sound serious. Either his ego needs such stroking that he can’t go for more than a few days without having his butt kissed on national TV, or he sees the end coming, and he just wants to enjoy the perks while he can.

I never would have guessed that before, but I don’t see how else to explain it.

6 Comments »

1. Jungle Trader said,

October 18, 2012 @ 1:24 pm

Gallup daily tracking poll (likely voters, updated 1 p.m. Thursday): Romney, 52; Obama, 45.

2. Jungle Trader said,

October 18, 2012 @ 1:51 pm

P.S. In a piece at the Wall Street Journal, Karl Rove said: ” No other presidential candidate has been at 50% or higher at this point in the race in this survey (likely voters, Gallup daily tracking poll) and lost.”

3. Bloodthirsty Liberal said,

October 18, 2012 @ 2:26 pm

Jungle Trader, I think we’re on to something. Rush played a clip of Obama at a campaign rally mocking Romney’s economic plan. Really, Mr. President? You want to bring up the economy? Sure, his audience laughed and whooped, but why would he want to remind an undecided voter who might hear this of his pathetic record? Maybe because he knows there aren’t any, and that he’s lost independents too. I swear, it sounded like he just wanted to make people happy, like he had given up. That’s what I thought when I heard it.

4. Jungle Trader said,

October 18, 2012 @ 3:02 pm

BTL,

A post I had on my blog last Friday:

“Scranton, Pennsylvania, is the birthplace of President Barack Obama’s running mate, Joe Biden.

‘Early this afternoon I chatted with the owner of a barbershop in the depressed industrial city.

“Most of the the barbershop’s customers plan to vote for Mitt Romney.”

5. Bloodthirsty Liberal said,

October 18, 2012 @ 3:14 pm

Ha! I missed that one. Reminds me of a line from (I believe) the very first episode of The Sopranos. One wise guy goes to the airport (Newark, presumably) to pick up another wise guy just coming in from Boston.

“How was Boston?” WG no. 1 asks. WG no. 2 shrugs.

“It’s like Scranton, with clams.”

If memory serves, his brains (or the other wise guy’s) were splattered all over the inside of the car a few seconds later.

6. Buck O'Fama said,

October 18, 2012 @ 8:15 pm

Supposedly Bob Beckel also admitted today “if Gallup’s numbers are accurate”, the race is over – that there is no way an incumbent can push a challenger back below 50%, once he’s above it. I say watch out for a Chicago-sized rat popping up somewhere.

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URI